Thursday, March 6, 2008

Hot Helmets on the Loose!


Can you believe it? The gall of some people. I mean, a church even! Grrr... Oh... sorry. Let me fill you in. We were at the church doing a book study with Jim and Kathi and had a wonderful time, as we always do. It's really a very encouraging time talking about culture shock, and adjustment and learning to accept and love people who are very different, especially when you are the foreigner in their country. Well, the evening came to a close and we went on our way. But as Kathi walked us to the front where our motorcycle was, we noticed something was amiss. Something like our helmets! Now, Kathi had always said that people always admired our helmets. I guess somebody admired them a little too much! I couldn't believe it. That's like stealing somebody's seatbelt! I was about to walk down the street and see if anybody had really cool looking gray and red helmets, but Leah stopped me, imagining that the person could be drunk. So I gave up the pursuit. Besides, they could be kilometers away by then. So no helmets. Kathi lent us one to use until we found more that fit. So the next day, we had to go out and spend more money on helmets. Not something we were planning on, but something you do have to do. The police check all the time and pull people over, plus I've seen what accidents can do, and no thanks. I'll spend the money on a good helmet. Leah had no trouble finding hers, she found the nice blue one. Me, I'm a different story. My melon is so bulbous, it was night to impossible finding one that fit my bean. So I landed on the red one pictured above, it's the closest thing to a fit, though a little tight on the jaw. That's okay though. Better a compressed jaw than a broken head. I'm thankful that we had the money to just go out and acquire new helmets, but let me tell you... it won't be hard to spot somebody going around with gray and red helmets like ours... :)

No comments: